Contemporary Art Gallery and Upmarket, Online Art & Antiques Auctions
Procedure for Returning an Item
BIDDINGTON'S goal is provide a fair and honest marketplace for fine merchandise.
To achieve this objective, BIDDINGTON'S rules provide the Buyer a brief inspection period. The purpose of this inspection period is to allow the Buyer to see the actual item and to confirm that it was properly represented by the Seller. This is not an open-ended guarantee.
The return procedure is essentially the same one followed by the Seller in shipping the item to you.
If you wish to return an item, please follow these steps:
- Notify BIDDINGTON'S (email@example.com) and the Seller immediately via email indicating that you wish to reject and return the item. Please specifically state the reason for the return.
The item must be shipped back within 7 days of your receiving it.
- Rewrap the item carefully. Remember, the item must be returned in the same condition you received it.
- Insure the item for at least its auction or sale price to you.
- Ship the carefully wrapped & insured item back to the seller.
- Email both BIDDINGTON'S and the Seller with the name of the shipping service and the package tracking number. If US Postal Service is used, the green return receipt card (PS Form 3811) should be attached to the insured package. The green card should be addressed to return to BIDDINGTON'S (rather than to yourself):
425 East 50th Street #5
New York, NY 10022
- Upon Seller's acknowledging receipt of the returned item, Biddington's sends refund check to you the Buyer.
(In specific cases agreed upon by both parties at the time of the initial transaction, the Buyer may be responsible for round-trip costs of shipping a specific item. This is usually the case on contemporary art--especially when the work comes directly from the studio of the artist--and on large items that are especially cumbersome and expensive to ship.)
Return to Biddingtons's Info & Help Page
Return to Biddington's House Rules